In this week’s episode, I’m answering the number one, most asked question I receive – How do you tackle impostor syndrome?!
How do you tackle impostor syndrome
💛 Impostor syndrome is something that we all feel. And it’s something that we can feel no matter where we are on the scale of beginner to masterful expert.
💛 Another level, another devil! Every time you do some work and upgrade your business and your surroundings, that flicker of feeling like an impostor will raise its head again.
What to do when you start feeling like an impostor
💛 First I ask myself – is this a fact or a feeling? Is it a reality that I’m not quite up there on something, or is it just an emotional mind monkey?
💛 If it’s a fact, I ask what I can do to fill that gap. Some examples of this might be:
- Do I need a new tool?
- Is there a podcast or YouTube channel that can help me figure this out?
- Can I hire someone? Can I find someone else to solve this problem for me?
- Is there an app for that? In episode 13 with Emma Cossey, we really dug into all of the apps that save our lives on a day-to-day basis!
- Do I need training on this?
- Do I already have access to training that will help me?
- Do I have a friend that can help me with this/give me feedback?
- Do I just need practice?
💛 If it’s a feeling, I use one of the following techniques to help me:
- Tapping or EFT. If you’ve never heard of this before, definitely check out my interview with Marie Houlden where we dive into the fundamentals of tapping.
- Journaling. I’m sure you already know by now that I am a HUGE fan of journaling. I share daily journaling prompts over on my Instagram Stories which you can find in my highlights if you’re interested in those.
- Future rehearsal. This is an Integrative Alchemy technique we use to really lock in our next-level vision and infuse ourselves with confidence, positivity, excitement, and enthusiasm and clarity around our next steps. I guess it’s a type of meditation. IF you check out the show notes of episode 99, I have included a free future rehearsal that you can download.
- Check-in with Angelica – my alter-ego. This is an exercise that I walk people through all the time and it’s SUPER powerful. I share the full process in episode 88 if you want to give this ago.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- Ep 13: Finding the app for that with Emma Cossey
- Ep 16: Tapping into off-the-charts success with Marie Houlden
- Want the daily journaling prompts that I share in my Instagram Stories – check them out here!
- Ep 99: 9 simple (and free) ways to have a great day today… and every day
- Ep 88: The trick to being next level FIERCE in your business
Get clear on your impostor syndrome and ask yourself if it’s a fact or a feeling. Then choose one action from the list to tackle it!
Make sure you share your homework with me in my DMs on Instagram @dairepaddy so I can help guide you through this!
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback