OMFG I made it through 100 episodes of this here podcast – can you believe it?!
During this (epic but occasionally emotional) rollercoaster I’ve learned A LOT, so I thought it’d only be fair to reflect a little and share some of the biggest lessons I’ve learned about podcasting.
10 podcasting tips:
- Don’t aim for a perfect start, just begin, and learn along the way. Also, don’t aim for perfect along the way!
- Never be afraid to switch up your format, your posting schedule or anything else.
- Having rapport with the people you interview is ESSENTIAL.
- The best possible podcast training academy is listening to other people’s podcasts.
- If you need to take a break, nobody will die.
- Fancy equipment and fancy editing can just be an excuse to procrastinate. I still edit everything myself!
- Listening to your own voice gets easier with time. Slightly.
- Remember who you’re recording for and make sure you’re giving them something to take away.
- If you want people to know about your podcast, you have to actually tell them.
- Be really clear about WHY you’re doing this. There should be a purpose behind your show.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- The Content Arsenal
- Round-up of additional podcasting tips from some of the greats
- Tips for promoting your podcast like a winner
- For recording interviews – Zoom
- For recording solo episodes and editing – Audacity
- My microphone (essential that you have one)
- My microphone stand (essential that you have one)
- My pop filter (essential that you have one)
- My magic red box (optional)
If you are a regular listener of the show, or have enjoyed a single one of our episodes, I would be so grateful if you could head over to iTunes and leave a rating and review. This feedback is so essential in helping me move forward with the podcast, so I’d really appreciate it.
I’d also love to hear about your favourite episode – share it in your Instagram Stories (and tag me – @dairecharlotte) so I can see the kind of stuff you want more of!
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback