I wholeheartedly believe that feeling good BEFORE you sit down at your desk is the key to having a wildly productive, wildly efficient, wildly enjoyable day in your business…
So in this episode of Your Biz, Your Rules, I’m sharing a handful of different tactics to help you do just that! Pick the ones you like the sound of, mix them up, when they feel less fun? Try another! There’s no prescription for good vibes.
9 ways to set yourself up for the best day in your business:
💛 Journal: Everyone’s journaling practice looks different, but here are a few ideas to get you going…
- Morning pages (3 pages of long hand freewriting)
- Rewrite a mantra or affirmation 55 times for 5 days
- Use prompts
- Write out your list of big goals every day
💛 Meditate: I prefer guided meditations – I still struggle with sitting in silence! I’ve been collecting different audios I love for years, but there are plenty out there for you to choose from – Youtube is a great resource.
💛 Send a grateful voicenote: Commit to sending your biz bestie a voicenote full of things you’re grateful for every morning. I like to take this up a level by also sharing one thing that’s going to make life GREAT that day too.
💛 Read a chapter of a book just for fun.
💛 Get outside: take a walk, clear your mind! Bonus points if you can find a tree to hug.
💛 Put on a killer playlist and dance like nobody’s watching.
💛 Cuddle somebody.
💛 Eat a great breakfast: set yourself up for a good day by fuelling your brain and your body with good nutrition!
💛 Actually get ready: take a shower, brush your hair, get dressed in proper clothes… when you feel put together, you ACT put together.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- Since I recorded this episode I’ve started sharing daily journaling prompts in my Instagram Stories – check them out here!
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Transformational Journaling with Liz White
- I can’t find the video I mentioned, but check out Amy’s YT channel here.
- My “early morning” meditation
- Meditation for sensitive souls (from Marie Houlden)
- Reclaim your power meditation (from Glyniss Trinder)
- Ep 3: When business besties save the day
- Come make friends with me on Goodreads if you want to see what I’m reading.
- Ep 97: 2020 commitments (the F business edition)
- How to undo the shit the modern world does to us by Gareth Riddy
- Morning vibes playlist
- Success playlist
- Fearless playlist
- Body positivity playlist
Make sure you share your homework tagging #yourbizyourrules and @dairecharlotte
Try one of these tactics and share a post or Story telling us what you did and how it felt – don’t forget to tag me so I can come take a look!
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback