There may be affiliate links included in this post.
Yes, I know the title looks kind of vague and yes I know that there are approximately eleventy billion ways to fuel your business growth but today I’m talking about a very specific thing.
Drumroll….Attending REALLY good live events. And I’ve been to a fair few (hello former event manager) so believe me when I say I know what a really good event is.
In today’s episode, I’m sharing my 10 big takeaways from an event I attended recently (Elevate Live, in case you were wondering).
The key takeaways:
- Disruption is necessary. Stand up and stand proud of your beliefs. Stop censoring yourself through fear of how saying what you feel will be perceived.
- The money is in the mistakes. If you’re going to lose your proverbial every time something goes wrong, well your day in the sun is not about to be a long one.
- Make your “why” bigger than your fear. When I say bigger it doesn’t have to mean deeply profound but it does have to be utterly true for YOU.
- You can always make it easier. Easier things are more fun, we do more things because they are fun, we make all the monies. Brilliantly simple
- Being surrounded by the right team is priceless. Obvious but SO true. I know how it feels to have a team who are not there for you. No bueno.
- Pay attention, you do have people. I spend my days in a room with 2 dogs, this was well out of my comfort zone. But being with the “right” people made it easy to make connections
- Bring your past into your present. My previous corporate job did not end well and so any mention of events or any part of the old way sent me running for the hills. But guess what, it didn’t have to be that way! I removed that block and things couldn’t have gone better.
- I am the playlist queen. FACT. If you’d like to check it out I’ll drop the link below.
- You ARE making a difference. We all feel the same disappointment when we have low engagement on our posts or launch to crickets BUT you never know who is watching and taking it in.
- Putting your intentions out there is powerful. Before I left for Elevate live I posted that I had a one to one spot available. I had 3 people approach me. So you tell me, does that sound like a coincidence? I think not.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
To be in with a chance of winning this month’s free 1:1 coaching session, make sure you share your homework tagging #yourbizyourrules and @dairecharlotte
Share a post or Story using one of my takeaways as a jumpstart.
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).