There may be affiliate links included in this post. That means that if you click and make a purchase, I will receive a commission. However, you should feel 100% confident that my integrity remains intact. I will only ever recommend stuff I genuinely use and love myself.
Note to all: I am not yet a fully-fledged adult BUT I do think there’s a certain level of “grown-up” required when you’re the boss of things.
My 10 tips for better adulting when you work from home*:
*Listen to the full episode for more detail.
- Take responsibility for the way you’re feeling and behaving.
- Don’t get complacent – keep the momentum going as you develop your brain and your business.
- Set real goals and plans that line up with those goals.
- Create all of the boundaries. Boundaries with yourself, with your clients, with your loved ones and with your working environment.
- Put some thought into what you’re feeding yourself. Is it fuelling your brain? Is it giving you the energy you need to stay focused?
- Be intentional with your screen time.
- Say “no” when you mean “no”. Nobody wants to hear a resentful “yes”.
- Invest in some blue blocker glasses.
- Remove yourself from toxic conversations.
- Implement all of the magnificent things you already have access to before buying anything new.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- Ep 47: Boosting your credibility (and your confidence) in the most delightfully
hermityway with Emma Cossey
- Ep 54: The glory of 90-day planning
- Blue blocker glasses
To be in with a chance of winning this month’s free 1:1 coaching session, make sure you share your homework tagging #yourbizyourrules and @dairecharlotte
Share a post or Story where you talk about which of these adulting tips you’re going to start implementing OR share an adulting tip of your own.
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).