Who else loves creating habits and routines that set you up for success in every area of your life?
(It can’t just be me!)
In this episode of Your Biz, Your Rules, I’m talking to my biz bestie Emma about all of the things that keep us sane, keep us sensible and keep us successful.
Note: Please don’t think you need to take on ALL of these habits as your own. Think of this as a pick and mix of inspiration.
Annual habits that make us feel “on it”:
- (Emma) Books a half-day session with Daire to get all of her content mapped out for the year.
- (Emma) Reviews the year – especially all of the wins.
- (Daire) Revisits her business strategy which prompts her to look at her goals, sales, feelings about stuff and habits/routines that make it all happen.
- (Daire) Set a reading target for the year.
Quarterly habits that pave the way to productivity:
- (Emma + Daire) Set
90 daygoals – Emma does her planning on paper, Daire uses Asana.
- (Emma + Daire) Take a break. Note: this is a shiny new habit for 2019 – keep us accountable!
- (Emma) Assigns rewards to all of
goals(POINTS MAKE PRIZES).
Monthly habits for maximum success:
- (Emma + Daire) Book a day out for self-care
- (Emma) Books one nice thing to do every month (and encourages her community to do the same)
- (Emma) Goes through all the praise and recommendations she’s received that month and puts it in a “lovely things” folder.
- (Daire) Setting aside one day for training and personal development.
- (Daire) Works through her “bitching month blueprint” checklist.
Listen to this episode here.
Weekly habits for absolute winners:
- (Emma) Spends Sunday nights planning.
- (Emma) On a Monday shares her goals publicly with her group.
- (Emma) Commits to doing something for Pitch Slap Wednesday.
- (Emma) Spends some time promoting her stuff in different Facebook groups.
- (Daire) Batches her Instagram posts on a Monday.
- (Daire) Hosts a weekly co-working session for Content Arsenal members.
- (Emma + Daire) Have a weekly accountability call together.
- (Daire) Guards Fridays for working on HER business stuff.
- (Daire) Works through a “weekly review” checklist
Daily habits for a lovely life and business:
- (Emma) Takes vitamins.
- (Emma) Meditates.
- (Emma) Goes for a walk at lunchtime.
- (Emma) Journals and writes to do lists.
- (Daire) Journals while drinking lemon water – always ends by writing out her big goal list again.
- (Daire) Walks the dogs.
- (Daire) Makes time for a proper breakfast.
- (Daire) Taps/does some EFT.
- (Daire) Takes a mid-morning break.
- (Daire) Has a hard and fast “end of work” time.
- (Daire) Does some yoga at home.
- Ep. 13: Finding the app for that with Emma Cossey
- Ep. 47: Boosting your confidence (and your credibility) in the most delightfully
hermityway with Emma Cossey
- Book a 1/2 day session with me here
- The Freelance Lifestylers community
- The Freelance
Lifestash(Emma’s training hub)
- Find Emma on Instagram
- The Content Arsenal Book Club (100% free)
- The bitching month blueprint
- The Content Arsenal
- Insight Timer
- Marie Houlden’s tapping script stash
- Yoga with Adriene
Emma Cossey is The Freelance Lifestyle Coach, career and life coach specialising in helping freelancers and the self-employed achieve their goals. She runs The Freelance Lifestyle, a blog, podcast, Facebook community and hangout for lovely freelance types.
Emma is also the founder of The Freelance Lifestash, which is a brilliant membership that rounds up all kinds of resources, templates, and trainings designed for business owners, self-employed types, or whatever you want to call yourself. It has not only the cornerstones that you need to have in place to really get started from a solid foundation but also stuff that will help you develop.
- Grow into new directions
- Develop new income streams
- Enter new phases of life – if you’re navigating a new relationship and freelancing, or buying a house and freelancing, or parenting and freelancing.
- Investigate all of that stuff which you’re not necessarily going to need to know at the beginning, it’s there.
Think of this like a pick-and-mix of perfect stuff to help you grow a business.
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback