There may be affiliate links included in this post.
It’s no secret that I love to talk all things “content plan”… and so I do. I spend a lot of time chatting to my biz buddies, clients and Content Arsenal members about content planning.
One thing I’ve learned from all of these (fun, inspiring) conversations is this: pretty much everyone IN THE WORLD is making mistakes in their content plans that are resulting in:
- more stress
- more overwhelm
- more frustration
- less consistency
- less creativity
- less actual content
But luckily for you, in this episode of Your Biz, Your Rules, I’m diving into the most common of these mistakes and how you can fix them. Without buying anything or spending half your life on it.
The big mistakes:
- Overcomplicating the planning system itself.
- Focusing on all of the platforms and all of the strategies.
- Planning in silos.
- Panicking about using up all the ideas.
- Failing to plan for the action
Listen to this episode here.
Try this instead:
- Go back to basics and use a simple spreadsheet to plan out all of your content. You’ll find a link to (a free) one I made earlier below.
- Pick ONE form of content as your focus (i.e. a podcast, a blog, a video show, etc) and ONE platform where you’ll show up and connect (Instagram, Facebook groups, LinkedIn, etc).
- If you want to try out a system or strategy created by someone you admire, GREAT. Go for it. But limit yourself to one at a time.
- Give yourself a good talking to and remind yourself that you don’t need to use the ideas as they hit you. Instead, stash them somewhere safe for next time you sit down to plan your content (such as the “ideas” tab in my content planning template, for example).
- After putting together your fabulous content plan, head to your calendar and block out chunks of time to actually create all of those things in your plan.
The links + stuff:
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).