There may be affiliate links included in this post. That means that if you click and make a purchase, I will receive a commission. However, you should feel 100% confident that my integrity remains intact. I will only ever recommend stuff I genuinely use and love myself.
In this episode, I’m talking about how to get out of a funk if you wake up feeling stressed, or overwhelmed, or just a little bit “meh”. Seriously, if you want to start the day the right way, these tactics will help.
I’m also diving into how to prioritise where your energy should go, from a content perspective. It can be pretty draining trying to do all the things all the time, and the good news is… you don’t even need to.
If you want to find your content priority and banish the “shoulds” for good, this one’s for you.
Tricks for getting out of the morning funk:
- Braindump everything in a journal. All of the thoughts whirling around your head. Follow that up with a list of things you’re grateful for and a list of the big goals you’re working towards.
- Declutter and deep clean your desk.
- Put something zesty in your essential oil diffuser – I like to start the day with 2 drops of lime, 2 drops of grapefruit and 2 drops of peppermint. (NOTE: grapefruit oil can interact with some medications so do your research first).
- Switch on a delightfully cheesy playlist.
- Go through your emails, messaging apps and any project management tools and capture EVERYTHING that needs to be done, and pop them in one central location. That makes it much easier to review and rejig your to-do list to make sure it’s extra manageable.
How to find your content priority:
- Look at all of the places where you have a digital presence and pick ONE place to share your core content and ONE place to connect with your community.
- Out of all the things you’d like to be sharing each week, pick ONE piece of content that’s sacred. This is the one that you will commit to sharing no matter what. The others you can let go of if things get busy, but this one thing should stay consistent. For me, that’s my Instagram Stories.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).