I’m a big fan of 90 day planning, that’s no secret… so in this episode I’m sharing how I go about the whole process, and the app I use to keep me on track. You’ll also get a sneak peek at a giveaway I decided upon while recording (because not everything actually makes it to to the plan!)
It’s so easy to lose steam when you rely on annual planning. You might lose interest in a particular thing or have an amazing idea a few months in and January plans don’t account for that. On the flip side, monthly planning doesn’t give you enough space to see results from your different actions.
My 90 day planning system:
- Set some time aside on the Friday before the new quarter starts. If you just try to fit your planning around everyday tasks, it will fall to the bottom of your list.
- Review all of the different things in your business – your last 90 day plan, your current product portfolio/1:1 clients, new ideas you’ve had, your working habits, your finances (incoming and outgoing), what has and hasn’t worked (and WHY).
- Figure out what your income target is and then get specific about HOW you can bring that money in. What will you need to sell? How many spots do you need to fill?
- What events do you need to take into account? Are you launching? Attending weekly calls? Taking part in a free challenge? Going on holiday? Joining weekly co-working sessions? List out all of these things and add them to your calendar of choice.
- Limit yourself to three goals – I tend to have one life goal and two business-related goals.
- Redesign your habits – everything from morning rituals, daily break times and self-care routines. I then add these to Asana so I’m prompted to do it at the appropriate time.
New week I’m going on holiday and my goal is read as many books as humanly possible… and I’ve decided to take bets on that. If anyone guesses the correct number of books I manage to get through, they will win a bundle of my favourite reads. If a lot of people guess right, I’ll be popping names into a hat. Message me here with your guesses.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback