There may be affiliate links included in this post.
In this episode, I’m sharing my thoughts on affiliate marketing, how to find the slight edge in your business, the details of my new and exciting book club AND the importance of actually taking a break every now and again.
The do’s and don’ts of affiliate marketing:
- If you throw nonsense at your people without much discernment, they’ll stop trusting your word… and then where will you be? Only promote the products that you would shout loud about even without the promise of a commission.
- Share the difference something has made to YOU, rather than trying to con people with shiny sales speak.
- Don’t avoid affiliate marketing simply because of its reputation. You can do this with integrity.
- Tell your story in relation to the product, whether that’s the benefits you’ve seen yourself or a signature system you’ve developed using a particular tool.
- Put the work in. Earn your commission. This is not about free money.
Other key takeaways:
- What the brain knows and what the brain does are two very different things.
- Do the things that make you feel like a person instead of a workaholic robot.
- If you have eyes or ears, you should get a copy of The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson.
- I started a book club!
Listen to this show here.
The links + stuff:
- Gemma Went’s mastermind
- Gram Slam with Alex Beadon
- Planoly – my fave Instagram scheduler
- Convertkit – my email marketing platform
- Reach out to me here if you’d like to ask any questions about Gemma’s mastermind
- The Healing Hub events
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- The Content Arsenal
- Oversubscribed by Daniel Priestly
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).