There may be affiliate links included in this post. That means that if you click and make a purchase, I will receive a commission. However, you should feel 100% confident that my integrity remains intact. I will only ever recommend stuff I genuinely use and love myself.
If you’re here right now, it’s because you want to make waves on Instagram. There is literally *zero* ambiguity in that title.
Instagram is a topic I LOVE to talk about. It’s simply my favourite place to hang out online. Nowhere else do you have such an opportunity to curate a feed of things that truly inspire you, or share your message in an unfiltered (and fun) way.
In this episode of Your Biz, Your Rules, I’m sharing a handful of tips to help you up your Instagram game, and start seeing a few more of those results you’ve been dreaming of.
The key takeaways:
YOUR INSTAGRAM BIO
- Make sure your profile picture is YOUR picture. Nobody falls in love with a logo.
- Be specific about what you do, who you do it for and how you do it. If I stumble onto your Instagram profile, I want to know instantly if it’s worth my while to follow you. I don’t want to enjoy your vague and whimsical naval gazing. Save that for later.
- Take full advantage of your link space (I use Linktr.ee).
- Curate the images you share. Don’t show us dark and grainy crap. Every image should be enough to force us to stop the scroll.
- Look at your grid as a whole and define your signature style, your signature subject(s) and even your signature filters.
- Dream up DIFFERENT ways to share your story, values and messaging (I have a free Instagram planner filled with all the prompts and all the inspo here).
- Use a scheduling tool so that you can play around with how your grid looks (I use Planoly – free for up to 30 images a month, which is all you really need).
- Opt for long-form captions. The aim is to keep people on your images for as long as possible.
- Break up those long captions with line breaks and emojis to keep the eyes moving.
- Plan out your posts (even if it’s just a week at a time) so there’s some cohesiveness to your channel.
- Put your hashtags IN THE CAPTION, not in the first comment.
- Respond to everyone who leaves a comment on your posts – aim for comments of 4 words or more.
- Challenge yourself to like and comment on a handful of other people’s posts every day. Instagram is a social platform, not a broadcasting system.
- Instagram Stories are your opportunity to get really creative. Just have fun with them!
- Check out the link round-up below for endless inspiration.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- My (free) post-and-play Instagram planner
- (Get started with Stories) Slaying Instagram Stories with Alex Beadon
- (Learn everything you need to create AMAZING Stories) Gram Slam
- Instagram Story content prompts
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).