Well, I haven’t been up in your grill about content planning for a WHILE, so it’s about time we revisit the topic, don’t you think?
In this episode of Your Biz, Your Rules, I’m chatting with accidental entrepreneur and digital marketing genius, Lea Rice. We argue about whose content planning system is better, share how we come up with such brilliant ideas and talk about our favourite social media platforms…
The key takeaways:
💛 Google Docs win for content planning ease. You don’t have to train anyone to use it, and you don’t end up with a bunch of revisions flying around the place.
💛 There’s no right way to plan out your content. Lea like doing it a week at a time. I like doing it once every 90 days. You’ve got to make that bad boy work for YOU.
💛 Don’t eat into your own time so much that you haven’t actually got the energy to do your client work when you’ve scheduled it because that can also be an epic fail in terms of how you maintain your creativity. You need to schedule in time and whitespace so that your whole life isn’t being eaten up by work otherwise, you’ll fall into the procrastination trap or end up hating what you’re doing.
Tips for coming up with brilliant content ideas:
- If inspiration strikes, note it down in your phone with a bit of detail, including any connections that come to mind, rather than just a jumble of notes.
- Listen to podcasts and respond to the topics covered by your faves.
- National days provide massive inspiration – you’ll find a whole round-up of RELEVANT national days in Lea’s series of content planners.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- Emma Cossey, coach for freelancers
- Lea’s AMAZING content planners
- Planoly (which actually has switched over to auto posting since we recorded this show)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy with Glyniss Trinder
- Affirmation Pod with Josie Ong
- Lea’s boosted post strategy
- Haute Stock
- The UK content planning community
- Lea on Instagram
(Highlight to share!)
“Don’t do something just because I say “do it”. Do it because it works for you.” – Daire Paddy
“It’s about scheduling so that you can work at your most inspirational times of day. ” – Lea Rice
“You don’t have to know about every aspect of Facebook to be able to succeed at it” – Lea Rice
Lea helps brands SLAM IT on social media by taking care of their social media channels and working hard to bring them to life online, meaning business owners can focus on driving their business forward.
She also helps overwhelmed digital marketers take control of their content planning with tools and support to help them fall back in love with their job and progress without sacrificing everything to further their career.
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback