There may be affiliate links included in this post.
I’m really excited to share this week’s episode of Your Biz, Your Rules partly because there are some great nuggets for anyone looking to grow their virtual team (as I was when we recorded this show) and also because Mary is someone I’ve had the good fortune to connect with in real life…
Not a big deal for most people, but I’m like the anti-networker, so it seems significant. Anyhoo, dive in, soak in all of her great tips then go check out her BRAND NEW podcast that launches tomorrow (scroll down for a link).
The key takeaways:
💛 When hiring for a virtual team, you’re looking for somebody who has that micro niche expert status and experience in something particular. You’re not necessarily looking for somebody who you can groom and who you can teach, you’re looking for somebody who already has that specific skill that you can outsource and delegate that specific area of your business to. And more importantly, entrust it to.
Mary’s 7 steps for building an unstoppable virtual team:
- Get clear on the vision statement – that’s what your company stands for and where your company is going. Why do you exist? Who do you serve?
- Put together an organisation chart (yes, really!)
- Determine what you actually need.
- Write a creative brief where you list out every quality and skill that the ideal person for the role would have.
- Get out there and start looking for someone to fill the position you’re after.
- Set up a 15-minute screening call to figure out if they’re a good fit personally.
- Follow up successful candidates with a 30-minute call and go deeper. Find out how they work, what tools they use, what their micro-niche is.
Listen to this episode here.
The links + stuff:
- The Simplifiers
- Simon Sinek on millennials in the workplace
- The SUPERInsiders (Facebook group)
- Finding Facebook groups that fuel you
- The Simplifiers Podcast
- The Simplifiers on Instagram
(Highlight to share!)
“You don’t want to invest my time and energy and money in someone who’s temporary.” – Daire Paddy
“An employee has a manager, a VA has a client.” – Mary Baird-Wilcock
“The name of this game is simplifying. Simplifying everything.” – Daire Paddy
Mary Baird-Wilcock, CSEP has one goal with her company…to help people simplify their lives. With over 15+ years experience in events management, she coaches creative entrepreneurs on how to simplify and optimize the operations side of their events business, including sales, how to hire a SUPER team you can trust and how to understand and manage the books.She also coaches brands on how to produce impactful live events that WOW their audience and their employees.
An international public speaker who’s been published in FORBES Magazine and featured as one of the “Top 25 Young Event Pros to Watch” by Special Events Magazine, Mary is also on a mission to share the gospel of what a Texas breakfast taco is all about.She is excited to announced that The Simplifiers Podcast is launching on March 8th, 2018, coinciding with International Women’s Day… where the future is female and now, more than ever, it’s time to simplify things, both in business and in life.
If you never want to miss another episode, subscribe to the show here.
If you’re a loyal listener of Your Biz, Your Rules THANK YOU! Having you tune in each week is such an honour. If you’ve been enjoying the show, I’d love to hear your thoughts…
To leave a review…
- Head here to iTunes.
- Click “view in iTunes”
- (Make sure you’ve hit “subscribe”)
- Click “Ratings & Reviews”
- Leave me your (honest) feedback
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).