There may be affiliate links included in this post. That means that if you click and make a purchase, I will receive a commission. However, you should feel 100% confident that my integrity remains intact. I will only ever recommend stuff I genuinely use and love myself.
I’m a big fan of having a few pieces of “quick win” content in your stash.
These are the bits and pieces you can publish without too much effort when you’re up against it time-wise.
One of my firm faves, both as a creator and a consumer, is a link post. I love the idea of providing people with a handy bundle of resources without having to create them all myself, and then when the shoe’s on the other foot, I love getting a stash of new things to read.
In my book, there are two types of link posts:
- A fairly random collection of nice things to read, like this or this.
- A more focused bumper guide on a specific topic, like this or this.
Neither takes a ton of time to prepare, especially if you use one of these tricks…
Theme your content sources
**Use this one for your more random collection of links.
- Head to your blog reader of choice – I like Feedly, but use whatever you like.
- Set up categories, or content streams, based on the topics you tend to focus.
- Shuffle all the websites you follow into your nice new themes.
- When you’re ready to create your post, open up one of your sections and pull out 8-10 links (just give them a quick read through first, just to make sure they don’t say anything dodgy).
**Use this one for your more intentional link posts.
- Head over to Pinterest.
- Search for your (focused) topic of choice.
- When your results come up, hit “boards”.
- Peruse a couple that catch your eye and pull out a handful of links. Again, giving them a quick read through as you go.
The key point here is to look for places where lists of links already exist and pilfer them. Other options include (but aren’t limited to):
- BuzzSumo search results
- List.ly lists
- Promo threads in your favourite Facebook groups
- Your most popular social media shares (just check your analytics)
Do you see how quick it can be to create fab, fun, blog posts?
Go! Go! Go!
Hey! I’m Daire – writer, editor, all-round content weaver. I help business owners stand out online by channelling their personalities into everything they do. My dream is to show you that you can have an inspiring, insightful, INTERESTING online presence (and that you can use that to attract the best and brightest buyers into your orbit).